Friday, November 21, 2008

A Success and Some Failure

Well I at least have A Christmas Carol now. I don't know why the library has to keep it with the Christmas books instead of with the Charles Dickens books at the opposite end of the library, but after much searching and finally asking the librarian I found it. And I have to return it in 7 days because it's a holiday book, so you can rest assured that I won't be reading it the night before Christmas. (-;

As for the rest...I found a lovely book called Christmas Stories by Charles Dickens and not one of the thirteen stories in the book are one of the five listed in this blog. There is one called the Haunted House. They look like interesting stories, but alas, they are the wrong ones. Our library doesn't have any of the ones listed except for a Christmas Carol. I can download two of them online, but computers are for skimming, not curling up and reading. I may have to break down and buy the silly things. Oh well. At least I have one of them, eh?

No comments: